Night Support Worker
The job has expired.
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our team in Stoke-on-Trent.
At Shelton Care we provide person-centred care for adults with learning disabilities, autism and those that display challenging behaviours.
Our Regent House service can be found in the heart of Stoke-in-Trent. Our service is home to adults with mental health conditions, learning disabilities and complex needs. The staff and people we support are valued members of the local community and access all local facilities.
Nights are spent carrying out light domestic duties, monitoring the people we support through the night and assisting with any issues, typing up daily notes, administering medication if required and any other duties allocated by the manager.
30 hours per week- Waking Nights.
We know the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £8.76
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
- Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
- Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
- Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
- Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
- Help with personal care when required
- Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.