The job has expired.
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Support Workers to join our team in Stoke-on-Trent.
At Shelton Care we provide person-centred care for adults with learning disabilities, autism and those that display challenging behaviours.
Shelton Day Service provides a variety of opportunities across our sites in Shelton and Fenton. We support adults with mental health conditions, learning disabilities, autism and other complex needs in our services creating a personalised activity plan along with opportunities to develop social, emotional, communication and independent living skills. Our service is supported by a highly trained and dedicated team who strive to create a fun stimulating and innovative service that enriches the lives of the individuals who access the service.
The service is delivered 7 days week at varying times of the day that suite the needs and choices of the people who use the service.
Day Shifts vary over a 7 day rota.
Driver is essential for the role.
We know the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £8.76
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
- Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
- Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
- Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
- Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
- Help with personal care when required
- Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.