The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Gloucester
Senior Support Worker
The job has expired.
Senior Support Worker
37.5 hours per week
£11.42 hourly rate (£22,269 per annum)
Do you dare to make a difference?
We know working in care is more than ‘just a job’. To us its playing a crucial role in enabling the people we support to live their best lives.
Unlock your potential by joining our team as a Senior Support Worker at Chosen Care Supported Living
Here at Chosen Care we provide 24/7 support across our Supported Living services situated within the GL1 / GL2 / GL4 postcode. We support people with learning disabilities, mental health issues and those that are vulnerable. We support with day-to-day tasks that include personal care, medication, handling monies and accessing the community whilst also promoting independent living.
We know the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do every day for the people we support, which is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £11.42
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Senior Support Worker Role and Responsibilities:
- To assist the senior management to assess people we support needs, with a Person-Centred Framework and the Supporting People Initiative.
- Assist to facilitate and support the people we support to integrate within their local community.
- Identifying training needs of other staff and co-ordinate training initiatives in consultation with the Registered Manager.
- Working with people we support to initiate and develop new ideas and methods regarding the quality of service delivery in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Keep up-to-date with changes by participating in discussions, training sessions and workshops when required to do so.
- Have a full understanding of Care Standards.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct and morale by encouraging and motivating staff morale by personal example, and appearance.
- Assist the management with the co-ordination, supervision and monitoring of staff work and practices
- Co-ordinate the arrangements of resident appointments
- Assist management to organise regular (monthly) House meetings
- Administer medications when required, in line with prescription guidelines
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Level 2 In Health and Social Care QCF/NVQ
- Experience supporting adults with mental health conditions and/or learning disabilities.
- Mentoring others in a team.
National Care Group are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for us.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team