The job has expired.
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Activities Coordinators provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Activities Coordinator to join our team in Blackhall Colliery.
The role is Part Time hours 15 hours a week.
Abbeyvale Care Centre is a caring residential service providing accommodation for people with a variety of different issues people may experience in their lives from physical needs, old age, dementia or mental health needs. It is our aim to ensure our residents feel comfortable and completely at ease at Abbeyvale.
Together our focus is to provide a positive, homely atmosphere that, with our tailored support, will help each person living with us to achieve the goals and aspirations that are important to them. We have 42 modern en-suite bedrooms, 3 well equipped spacious communal area, a large accessible well-maintained garden area with raised flower beds. The home is also wheelchair accessible for individuals who have physical disabilities and mobility issues.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Staff do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £8.95
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
The Main Responsibilities
- Help Residents to socialise within the Home/Care Centre, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, and encourage Residents to maintain pre-existing hobbies
- To encourage outdoor activities in suitable weather
- To arrange trips out of the Home
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Residents who are unable to undertake any form of activity.
- To assist serving morning coffee and afternoon tea if required.
- Accompany Residents, where possible, to off site activities, which may occasionally take place outside normal working hours.
- To set up and open a shop at an efficient level
- Provide a yearly calendar of events, which will take into account events such as, Easter, Burns Night, and Halloween etc.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings.
- Ensure all Staff Members know how to use appropriate equipment.
- Report any changes in Residents' physical or emotional condition to the Home/Care Centre Manager or Person in Charge.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the Home/Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
The most important qualities needed are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supporting adults with mental health conditions and/or elderly.
- Hold a NVQ Level 2 Health and Social care
- Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events/ activities for clients in all client categories
- Flexible approach to working routines
- Creative and confident
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.
This role requires the role holder to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.