Bank Support Worker
The job has expired.
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for Bank Support Workers to join our team in Preston.
Deepdale Neurological Centre is an 8 bedded residential service providing accommodation and 24 hour support for adults who have an ABI or neurological condition.
Our service provides a supported living feel to promote independence and focuses to enhance the life skills of our individuals whether their stay is short term, transitional or long term aiming for outcomes and focusing on goals.
We encourage our individuals to access the community, local facilities and to join in with meaningful activities which are of an interest to keep them motivated and stimulated.
Our bedrooms are fully furnished with a kitchenette area and ensuite wet room. Everybody also has access to the modern communal living area which is equipped with Netflix, a range of board games, books and activities. The kitchen and dining area leads onto our enclosed garden area which is secure and accessible for all.
We have day, night and weekend shifts available on a Bank basis.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £9.21
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
- Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
- Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
- Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
- Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
- Help with personal care when required
- Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
Our Ideal Bank Worker will:
- Be able to pick up a variety of shifts.
- Proactive and Supportive to the people they support and the team whilst on shift.
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.