This job has been closed.
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives
Support Workers provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for a Support Workers to join our team in Colchester.
At Jameson’s Residential we support adults living with Learning Disabilities, Mental Health conditions and behaviours that may challenge to help fulfil their potential, develop new skills and live as independently as possible. We believe that every person can reach their potential and achieve their goals no matter what the barrier. They provide highest level of care and an industry leading rehabilitation service that supports in adults to live as independently as possible and achieve positive outcomes. They are proud of the increasing number of adults they have supported who have achieved positive outcomes and reached their goals. It is a feeling like no other and something you could be part of.
We are looking for enthusiastic Residential Support Worker, whether you are experienced, or new to the care sector, who are looking for more than a job role but an opportunity to change peoples lives. If you have a compassionate nature and a passion for making a difference then we would love to hear from you. As their Residential Support Worker, you will help residents to live independently in one of their individual flats which has been modified to meet the needs of each individual adult. You will build and maintain a warm trusting relationship and encourage each adult to achieve their goals. You will also support them to enjoy a range of activities both in their home and in the local community. You will implement each person’s individual care plan and work towards agreed targets.
Due to the location of the service and shift patterns you would need to have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle (if you have a reliable person who can transport you, then we would welcome your application too).
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Workers do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £9.20
- 28 Days annual leave
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
- Inhouse Support and access to advice lines
Your role as a Support Worker will include:
- Providing 1-1 and group support sessions
- Creating engaging and creative ways to interact with the people you support
- Help with accessing the community and taking the people you support to their appointments.
- Set person-centred goals and agreeing on how to reach them
- Help with personal care when required
- Support the running of the home including the cooking and cleaning.
The most important qualities needed in a Support Worker are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.